Tuesday 26 December 2017

King George VI Chase Day Tips: Don't tuck into the leftovers, Bite!

Embed from Getty Images
James Stevens gives us his best bets from Kempton.

12:45 - If The Cap Fits
I really rate this horse and I hope he can stamp his class over this very good race here. Noel Fehily picked him against the Nicky Henderson rival, and his performance over hurdles have been nothing short of outstanding so far and I expect him to continue his progression here.

Storm Home is a horse I think can continue improving and although this is a very good race, then he can nick a bit of each-way money.

1:20 - Whenyourreadyfreddy
Nicky Henderson could have a massive day at Kempton today and both of his have a big chance in this. I think this is the preferred choice, after making an encouraging fourth-place finish last time out. He should improve from that and I would expect him to go very close.

1:55 - Fountain's Windfall
This horse looked to be travelling really strongly before falling at Newbury last time. I thought he may have won that day but he could make amends here. He is really well regarded and remains the type of horse than continue over fences this year. He should go well and have a really good chance. Ballyoptic is a big danger and could run a big race.

2:30 - Buveur D'Air (simply)
This race is more about watching than betting, so just enjoy it! Buveur D'Air is a class act but the bookmakers have accounted for it.

3:05 - Might Bite
I love this horse and I really think he can win the big one today. He was excellent at Cheltenham and Aintree before looking a bit more mature at Sandown last time. I think conditions will suit him really well and he more than certainly has the class to take a race of this nature. I think he will win the King George. Thistlecrack is my each-way fancy here.

3:40 - Kildisart
This is a very smart horse and I think he is very well handicapped for today's test. He shaped well on his first start before winning impressively when last seen at Ascot. He can continue to build on that run and can run a fine race here.

No comments:

Post a Comment